The word “thesis” comes from the Greek language and means approval. It is used in linguistics, philosophy, medicine, music, and literature. In the generally accepted scientific terminology, the definition is as follows: a thesis is a summary of the primary thoughts of the research.
In the narrow sense, theses are an abridged version of a scientific article, conveying in a compressed form the essence of more full work.
This genre is in demand at scientific conferences when it is necessary to formulate for the public as compactly as possible the main provisions of their work, to highlight the results and prospects of research.
In philosophy, the thesis is understood as a short statement.
After the scientific hypothesis is advanced, several arguments are given in confirmation, which, in turn, should have examples. Finding a thesis in the philosophical treatise, remember that this concept describes a statement that gave impetus to the whole work.
In music, the thesis is the shocking part of the full measure.
Thesis plan – how to write scientific theses
The ability to write abstracts is necessary for each student. Sometimes this is taught in high school, but most often first-year students are forced to study the structure of the genre on their own. To avoid confusion, stick to thesis plan.
- Thesis plan is a brief listing of the main significant parts of an article or report.
- For a scientific text, an example of a thesis plan looks like this:
- The topic of the article (already written and planned for writing).
- Surname, name, patronymic of the author or group of authors. (In the first years of university, it is better to work in tandem with the supervisor and indicate his name in front of his).
- Tasks that you set for yourself.
- The relevance of the chosen topic.
- Research methods.
- The main provisions of the work (hypotheses that you put forward).
- Results. (If the abstracts are written according to a study that is in active or completed stage).
A thoughtful attitude to the material will help you to understand what a thesis plan is.